The Shiny 7th badge is the left-hand badge of the pair of badges in Sutton Mandeville. It is not very visible currently.
The Shiny 7th badge was created in March-April 1916 by the 3/7th London Regiment in time to celebrate the first anniversary of the formation of their training battalion on April 5th 1915. There are some details of it being constructed in a letter from Eric Marchant to his father.
The badge was maintained – on and off – until the 1990s, after which it deteriorated. We hope to restore it in the near future.
Further information about the Shiny 7th badge can be found in the posts below:
Posts about the Shiny 7th Badge