Everyone is welcome to join us on our Open Day on Sunday 23rd June from 1pm until 5pm. This is our first Open Day with both badges completely restored. Visitors will be perfectly situated to see both badges from our displays, which will be in one of the original camp fields from the First World War.
The Open Day is being held opposite Fricker’s Barn, Sutton Mandeville and will be signposted from the A30.
We will have displays about the history and restoration of the two badges, and about the camps and military units that trained in Sutton Mandeville in WWI. Artefacts from archaeological investigations of the camps will also be on display.
We are very pleased that we will also have on display a WWI 18-pounder field gun, manned by the Garrison Artillery Volunteers. The camps in Sutton Mandeville were originally constructed for the Royal Field Artillery, equipped with 18-pounders. This will probably the first time that there has been an 18-pounder in Sutton Mandeville since 1916!
There will be refreshments available throughout the Open Day.
We look forward to seeing you!
Supported by the National Lottery Heritage Fund.